Sunday, August 19, 2012

Want to try it...

I'm cheating... a little.

Although I was only going to post recipes I've made (or "feature" recipes by others), I actually have never tried this recipe.  However, I do hope to make it this week!  I even have the ingredients on hand!


Sprouts with Pistachios and Lemon
serves 4

Ingredients
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 small onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved and thinly sliced
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup pistachios, shelled
juice of 1 small lemon

Directions
In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic, and saute for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the brussels sprouts, 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt, and a pinch of black pepper. Saute for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the pistachios and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes until the brussels sprouts soften. Add the lemon juice and stir. Remove pan from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl.