Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Accosted!

I thought about making this "Accosted, part 2" but decided against it.

I was walking from my office to the Dunkin' Donuts less than a block away, when a member of the Church of Latter Day Saints stopped - on his bike - and proceeded to ask if I believed in Jesus Christ and to tell me about John the Baptist.

I was trying to find myself out of the conversation, and he asked, "May we come to your house?" to which I responded, "No." He asked, "Why not?" and I said that he made me uncomfortable. I don't remember my exact words, but he responded, "you're uncomfortable that I'm wearing a tie?"

The discussion ended after he asked, "May I leave you with a card?" and I said, flatly, "No." Perhaps I should have learned my lesson the first time: Never leave office property without taking someone with you. Although perhaps it still would have occurred, I would have at least had a witness to help protect me!

I hate "those" people! Even though I have a friend in Kansas who is a member. Blech!

So, I got my bagel twist and tea from Dunkin' Donuts and headed back to work.

And now, for a few additional random thoughts of the day...

Since I do blog quite often, I occasionally say something or blog about something that is a bit "edgy" or fits the category of "maybe I shouldn't have done that." As a result, I've wound up removing two posts. It's nice that when you put your "foot in mouth" electronically, you can literally "take it back." And hopefully not TOO many people will have read it by then!

I admit: I don't remember silly things that my brain considers "useless." For example, I've watched the same movie 3 times - without realizing until the opening scene (the beginning credits, in fact) that I'd seen it. More generally, though, I don't remember movies I've seen. I recently discovered that I own 3 DVD copies of the Labyrinth. I've also seen a trailer here and there recently, and I can't remember if I've seen, for example, the movie "It's Complicated."

And lastly, in the "random thought" category of the day, I had a conversation today about kiddo's wardrobe. I admitted that he's still wearing his 3 month old pants, because we don't have many that fit currently - - they look like high waters. He has recently outgrown all of his Pajamas, too, so he frequently goes to bed in just his diaper (with his "sleep sack" - I love those things!) Although I did get him a couple of new pairs of shorts (and some adorable crocs- hopefully I will post a picture of them soon!) - we're definitely not designer parents. I am sad that I am finding fewer and fewer onesies that will fit him. When he can no longer wear onesies, he'll no longer be a "baby" in my book.

Love: Writing. I don't know why. Math is good, too. But I am a wierd person who also likes to write - just because!
Hope: I find a few more onesies still- I'm not ready for my baby to be walking just yet!
Do: Find someone to walk with me if leaving the parking lot at the office!