Sunday, May 30, 2010

All in a day!

Some days, I'm amazed at everything that can happen in just the few hours of daylight.

Today, I started my morning feeding Mark, as usual, and headed to Yoga. I came home for a bit, played with Mark, and then headed out to Target and AT&T.

I never made it to Target - - there was a shooting there (guy killed a cashier, then killed himself when confronted by police). I did, however, make record time at the AT&T store and got a new phone!

After stopping to grab lunch, I got two calls from friends. One dropping off an impromptu present for the baby (Thanks BJ!), and one giving us details for the "picnic". We played bocce ball and got to know new friends!

We headed to the park around 2pm, and had several hours of food, friends, fun, and boats (paddle for me, canoe for Seth). Additionally, Mark had his first playdate - - we got to see him interacting with a baby about 2 months younger! It was lots of fun. She weighed only 13 pounds or so, which made me feel like Mark was HUGE at almost 21 pounds!

After the park, we ate dinner out.

Anyhow - a big, fun-filled day. The time at the park (including a lake) made it definitely feel like Memorial day!

Love: Spending time outdoors!
Hope: I don't wake up sore or sunburned!
Do: Need to thumb through the manual for the new phone!