Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lessons Learned

Here's what I know now, that I didn't know before:

Teething is the root of all evil. (Kiddo has tooth number 3, officially, as of today, and was fussy a good portion of the weekend. His tongue also has weird spots, and his appetite today was very poor. We temporarily lost the teething jell - but it showed up this morning as I was doing laundry. Go figure.)

Another way to say "corn dog": pig in a puppy. (Courtesy of a street sign- I think it's akin to pigs in a blanket, but like a pig in a hush-puppy shortened, maybe?)

North Carolina is a bit "hick." As heard over the radio at a fast food restaurant: "Come guess the weight of the pig in the freezer!" (At a maytag sale)

The Pine Knoll Shores Aquarium is a step up from the first North Carolina Aquarium we visited - it even had an Octopus!

Ocean waves are scary. Really scary. (Kiddo didn't like the water - luckily, he eventually levelled out. It only took a bucket of some salt water and a pacifier!)

Always keep the camera battery charged. (Of course it would run out the one weekend we opted to go to the beach with Kiddo for the first time! Luckily, I did capture a pic or two on the cell phone!)

Email reminders actually work!

Sunshine is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Vitamin D is good!

Lessons learned on "your" time are better than lessons learned on "company" time!

My memory has already begun to fade from the day - as I am sure there were many more lessons that I have already forgotten!

Love: A day with my boys in the sunshine. I think it's a dose of heaven!
Hope: This week goes by quickly - but with a Sept 1 big deadline, I am sure it will!
Do: Enjoy the late days of summer (or is that lazy days?)..