Sunday, September 5, 2010

Chef

I love watching chefs on TV. I also enjoy eating my DH's yummy creations once a week! But I, myself, rarely venture beyond the "comfort" zone.

Sure, I do OK when it comes to standard dinner foods - precooked skillet meals, spaghetti, grilled cheese... Rarely do I venture beyond the usual! Tonight was a bit of an exception, as I tried my hand at frenched rack of lamb. Thank goodness for internet recipes! Some garlic and rosemary, some tinfoil - thank you to my favorite local grocer (TJ's) for the easy side dish and premade bread!

Tonight's lamb was a pleasantly suprising success! The lamb was juicy, and the sides were good. I even added a salad, so it was relatively healthy!

This weekend, I'm on a roll with the cooking. Rice Krispie treats, chocolate chip cookies, jello with pears, and dinner. Still on the list? Maybe some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and my favorite chili-edamame snack!


Love: Cooking - - occasionally. Especially when the results are YUM!
Hope: I'm not too sore tomorrow - 4 mile run pushing a stroller (minus 1/2 a mile carrying a baby).
Do: Keep on the study-roll for tomorrow! But for tonight? Enjoy a movie with my DH!