Saturday, September 18, 2010

Service

We eat dinner out, on average, about once a week or so - sometimes twice.

Tonight, we received some of the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE I have received in a long time.

We went to Mimi's - one of my favorite places, even though the menu has been completely redone, and immediately after being seated - before the waiter even came over to say hello - we had a "toddler plate." This included some cheerios, a package of saltine crackers, and an orange slice.

To non-parents, this might seem like "no big deal." But it absolutely made my day.

Kiddo likes to eat earlier than we do, so most of the time, we arrive at a restaurant and he is READY TO EAT! Many times, we have to immediately beg the server to bring something for him - a piece of bread, a side of re-fried beans. In fact, before heading to dinner this evening, DH and I had a conversation about whether or not we should give him a snack. The pre-dinner toddler plate was awesome. Not only did it keep Kiddo quiet and happy before we had our regular meal, but I actually had a chance to read the menu!

So many times, people share their "horror" stories from dining at a restaurant- such as a bad server that won't refill the beverage, or waiting forever for a check. Fortunately for us, that was not tonight's dining experience.

On the topic of service, I think it is only appropriate that I share some other recommendations I have seen lately. This is a bit of a delayed referral, but a friend recently (7/31/2010) posted about excellent customer service at Jet Blue airlines and with Snapfish.

Granted, my blog readership isn't spreading the word "too far" since my readership is relatively limited, but I do think that good companies and good service is worth sharing. Where have you gotten good customer service lately?

Love: Fantastic Customer Service
Hope: Others will share their stories!
Do: Spread the word!