Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hard Work & Dictionaries

What do Hard work and dictionaries have in common? Other than the fact that those are both things running through my head at the moment, I can't come up with anything.

But then again, what do starbucks, shopping and socks have in common (other than the fact that they start with s)? I digress already.

Hard work.
Some people get stuff in life because they have some sort of natural talent. I feel like I'm not one of those people - and that I've had to work really hard for everything. For example, I'm totally addicted to a VERY STUPID game on facebook. Basically, the more you play (the more often) the more points you can earn, and your "level" goes up. I'm among the highest level of my friends, but for some reason, I can't seem to score at the "top" very often. Some people just have to practice more than others, I guess. Perhaps I shouldn't admit to spending so much time on a stupid game.

Dictionairies.
Every once in a while, I like to think about what the "Rebecca" dictionary would have in it. Today, I came up with what it would have as a synonym for accounting: routine. A friend who works in the accounting/finance field said he wasn't a fan of routine, and I felt obligated to remind him of what the Rebecca dictionary says.

My dictionary would also have lots of new words in it - for the purpose of playing scrabble, of course. For example, the word Keyes would be valid. There are several other words that I come up with often. The non-word "Xa" is another one I thought of today while attempting to play. And the letter Q would have a whole lot more words that didn't involve the letter U. But that's another digression, I suppose, since I really intended on just posting today's synonym from the dictionary.

Love: Making up words. You should try it sometime. And I love to eat. Don't know why, but I feel like I'm always thinking about my next meal.
Hope: Something. I can't think of a "hope" for today.
Do: Look forward to the fall feeling like the fall!
Hope: