Friday, February 18, 2011

Challenge - Day 4

Day 4: A picture of something you'd like to do again

This is my eight. I'm the one facing the "wrong" direction, steering the boat, and cheering on my team. Yep - that's the Drake Crew!

I haven't been rowing (or coxed) in many, many years now. However - spending 2 hours on the river (or in the gym) with a bunch of tough women rocked my world for the 2 years I was a coxswain on the crew team! We went some awesome places... ran the Rocky Steps at the Head of the Schuylkil in Pennsylvania, or visisting Nacitoches, Louisianna for winter training - the Crew team was awesome! I still have fond memories of spending time in vans with the wonderful women. Whether we were rockin' out to a song before warming up, chatting about life in general, or trying to hit the books - this was an amazing experience, and one I'll never forget for the rest of my life! And yes, one I'd like to do again some day!

I've got lots of great pictures, but even more fantastic memories. Going for a "swim" in the Des Moines river (in November) is just one that comes to mind!

Love: Drake Women's Crew - they (we) rock!
Hope: I get to cox another boat sometime... and use the lessons I learned, although they are fairly rusty by now!
Do: Find some time to do some type of warm-weather boating adventure this summer!