Saturday, February 12, 2011

Circus Time!

Today, the whole family went to their first ever "event" - the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! The Barnum and Bailey Circus!

What I wasn't expecting? Protesters (about cruelty in training the elephants).

What I was expecting? Cotton Candy, Tight Rope Walking, Contortionists, a Ring-Master, and Clowns! I was not disappointed! From the standard "11 super-hero clowns in a car" to the "attempt" at a quadruple on the flying trapeeze!

For Kiddo's first show, we had a great time! He's still a little young - and I can't say that he was fuss-free - however, the Cotton Candy and snow cones were both huge hits! He stayed relatively still on our laps, and seemed less interested in the acrobats and more interested in the animals and clowns! We were sitting a bit closer to the clowns, so that may have been to our advantage.

Busy-Busy day - and a run tomorrow! Weekends can be awfully fun!

Love: Going to the Circus! It's been YEARS since I've been, and I've been wanting to go for a long time!
Hope: Kiddo enjoyed himself - and sleeps good tonight!
Do: Find another event we can enjoy as a family!