Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday

I'm a total target girl, at heart.

Target has quickly become my go-to Black Friday opening store.

I love Black Friday shopping.  Love it.

And it's not the deals that I love (although that's an added bonus)... It's the mentality, the people, the chaos and the craziness.

Most days, I prefer to avoid craziness.  But just once - on Black Friday - I embrace it wholeheartedly.

From the elderly couple standing in line to buy simply two Blu-Ray players, to the 16 year old wrestler waiting in 30 degree weather in shorts and with no socks on... There is always a story to be told on Black Friday!

I got the very "last" of something, I got plenty of things I'm sure I don't need, and I had the "man, they are already out.." experience for one of the items I was looking for.

In total?  A success.  And I didn't even spend the entire "budget" that I had allowed myself!

JCP - which was my favorite store last year on black friday - has dropped to near the bottom of the list.  They are trying, bless their heart... and somehow, the new JCP is very hit-or-miss.  Perhaps one day they will be a little more consistent, and/or have shorter lines.  I didn't get a button.  I had three items - none a big deal - and walked out empty handed.  Perhaps I'll try shopping their online and hope for better success.  After all, I do have a little left in my budget...

Happy Friday!