Sunday, November 4, 2012

Pre-race jitters

What was I thinking?

It's the same thing, every race.  The night before - as I'm getting all my stuff ready - I start stressing.  I have a hard time sleeping.  But somehow, I manage to make it to the start line.  And for every race so far, I've also made it to the finish line.

The finish line is all I'm hoping for today.  Perhaps that's not ambitious to most people, but for me - it will do.

A 10-K is about 6.2 miles.

I decided to look up the last 10K I did.  I keep track of these things!  I've done a 10K (this particular 10K, in fact) in every "even" year that we've lived in North Carolina (2008, 2010, and now 2012) - taking the "odd" years off to have (or recover from) babies.

I also know what my "finish" times have been, so now (at least in my head) I have something to live up to.  Yikes!

Just the finish line will do, thanks!