Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I've learned

Actually, it may be more accurate to say "I'm still learning.."

What is it I'm learning? To be flexible. Things don't seem to always go as planned. And sometimes, they are better. And sometimes, they are worse. And sometimes - it's just okay that it is unexpected.

Kiddo started by teaching me this lesson on his birthday. He was SOO cranky. I had planned an exciting afternoon, even took a little time off work just for the occasion. Instead, we came home early (instead of my idea, which was playing at the park). On the other hand, when he had his checkup, I took the morning off just because the appointment was at an awkward time, and had a great time with the little guy. We went to an impromptu storytime at the library, and had a bagel Kiddo-and-Mommy breakfast. (Actually, I should probably star calling him Kalamazoo on my blog, since that's what I call him in real life.)

Next up? Baby G's 9 month appointment. She'd been a little sick for a few days before, but nothing too serious. She's been sent home from daycare twice, now, in the last two weeks. High fever. The doctor says ulcers on the back of her throat, possible sinus (bacterial) infection, possible viral infection - and a round of antibiotics are in order. All of this means - of course - that it was an unexpected day off for me. And while yesterday, when I was "elected" to be the one to take off, I was a little bummed about the work stuff that I'm already starting to get behind on - - as of today, I have fully embraced it.

Yep, it took me no time at all to put together a mighty full agenda. Service appointment for the car, ordering dog food online, cleaning the house a little, blogging, and a whole slew of other things that would not have otherwise gotten done today. Of course, it seems I can always fill up my time with "stuff". Sometimes it's hard to do other "stuff" though - like reading the book for book club next week that I can't get into (and with an extra "day", it's a little hard to say I didn't have the "time" to read it..)

Well, I can cross "blogging" off the list. Now, hopefully, to tackle a few other long-standing items from the list...

Cheerio! Enjoy your first unnamed weekday since Thanksgiving!