Sunday, January 3, 2010

Since When...?

I have a habit of asking DH questions to which the answer is obvious. "Do you want to clean the bathroom?" Well, No. Of course not. Nobody actually WANTS to clean a bathroom. For questions like these, I've had to learn to rephrase... DH is very particular about his words/wording. At least when he is black and white there is no guessing involved. I wish I were so simple some days!

Today's question was: "Since when am I one of those people who stays in bed for 12 hours?" The obvious answer, as provided by DH: "Since Mark was born."

Yep, it's true. Even though I'm getting a decent night of sleep.. Mostly... somehow, sleeping in on Sunday morning has become more appealing than it was before the baby. Especially when he falls asleep in my arms and in our bed after eating. After all - a sleeping baby is pretty darn cute.

So today, I'm thankful for sitting in a car with the sun shining in on cold winter days. Even though it is blustery and frigid outside, the car can be almost cozy on the inside with the sunshine. I love the sun.