Friday, January 1, 2010

And now, for 2010....


Ready or not - a new year is upon us!

And what will we call it? Just "ten"? "Oh-ten" doesn't seem quite right. Maybe until the universe settles on it's name, I'll stick with the safe "two-thousand ten."

As usual, starting today's blog with a random thought.

Have you ever wondered how long I'm going to stick with the daily blog thing? Me too. I've sort of told myself that I'd like to try and keep it up until Mark's first birthday. I'm not sure why. It seems like a somewhat lofty goal, particularly considering I'll be going back to work full time (and studying part time) before month's end. It's like a virtual journal for me, though, and I definitely enjoy it.

Believe it or not, I did sit down to write with a topic in mind. So far, I haven't covered it. (and no, my topic is not "new year's resolutions" - - I hate the idea of that!)

The topic? toys. Mark got lots of books for Christmas, and he's finally started showing some interest in toys! He won't grab something on his own (yet), but he will hold onto something we put in his hand. He also enjoys laying and looking up at toys more, and sometimes will hit them (although it seems mostly on accident). Anyway, it is definitely fun to see him grow and change - and I look forward to more of that during 2010!

I'm thankful for date night - my DH and I got to see up in the air in Kansas. Yay!