Sunday, January 31, 2010

Look at me now!


Sometimes, it's hard to remember that only one year ago, this fella had major surgery on his back and was recovering with lots of pain pills and other drugs.

Well, this is a picture taken yesterday of Kobe playing in the snow, at age 10. In fact, I've always put his birthday as 2/1 - - so tomorrow it will be a whole decade with this dog!

He's an amazing guy, and I enjoy each moment with him, still.

So I guess it's time to pull out some good treats and sing (and howl) the Happy Birthday song.

To my favorite dog - always a puppy, even if he is turning a little whiter these days! 70 in dog years is a pretty darn good life!

Today: I'm thankful that Kobe has regained his ability to run, jump, and play - and that he had so much fun in the snow yesterday!