Sunday, July 4, 2010

Another...

We're on the verge of another of kiddo's first - this being his first year and all. As I began to post, however, it occurred to me that it was just yesterday that I posted about a first tooth. So to post a 2nd day in a row- about his first fourth of July - seems a little weird.

As I began considering these thoughts, it occurred to me that this could go on for at least the next year, and in some cases, beyond that!

So, at least for now, I'll give you several firsts at once - - and then, perhaps, I won't post about another first for several more days. I don't even know if I can promise a whole week.

Anyhow!

Another first for July 4th: Mandarin oranges.
July 5th - Monday - will be his first July 5th. How is that for dumb?
July 6th - Tuesday -
July 7th - Wednesday - his first day in a new daycare!
...

One funny thing about first whatevers is that I never know when many of the first whatevers will come. Such as - when will he feed himself for the first time? Stand alone for the first time? Say mama for the first time?

As I mentioned, several firsts won't all be packed in this "first" year - - his first day of kindergarten, his first time to ride a bike. His first adult tooth, or his first pair of tie shoes. His first day to go all day without messing himself, or the first time he meets his future wife.

So I guess, life in general, is about new "first"s all the time. I guess even in my life, I did my "first" fly there-and-back-in-a-day trip for work last week. I recently started my "first" post-baby cycle (That's probably TMI though). There's the first time I went to Europe which was only a few short years ago.

Do: Enjoy watching kiddo experience his firsts
Hope: to enjoy more soon!
Love: Starting a blog with a really odd topic, and writing several sentences even when I'm not sure where my brain is headed when I begin! I consider my "blog" entries to be mostly "stream of consciousness" - which may likely explain why not all blogs are intuitive. If you are able to read my mind, however, would you mind sharing with DH? He would love to know/understand what I am thinking even part of the time!