Saturday, July 17, 2010

In Other news...

This morning, I was a bit taken aback to discover that I have a half-sister. My father had at least one child (and possibly more, based on discussions with my mother) that I never - until early this morning- knew about.

This, of course, led to me talking to my mom, sister, and brother all in one day! That's always a good thing - but sometimes, I wish the circumstances were... different.

My sister seems angry. My brother seems sad. My mom seems surprised, and perhaps a little hurt. I'm not quite sure how I think/feel about it yet, other than surprised. But perhaps not REALLY surprised. I did know that my dad had a history before my mother, and I've always known he had a "wild" youth.

At any rate, it is what it is.

Love: My dad. Even though he can't explain himself, and it often hurts that he is gone.
Hope: I can learn a little more about my newly discovered family member.
Do: Get to go out to dinner tonight.

And in other news, kiddo is on his 3rd nap today - which hasn't happened in quite a long time! I should peak in and check that he really is napping, though...