Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Challenge - Day 22

A picture of something you wish you were better at

Believe it or not, the skiing picture from yesterday almost made today's post instead. However, I had a harder time coming up with "something you wish you could forget," so I opted to use the skiing picture for that, instead.

There are several things I would like to be better at! Studying, for example. Although I have a hard time putting forth the effort, I would still really like to pass this upcoming exam.

But, perhaps the thing I need to work on the most:

I often have a short fuse. It is often harder with a Kiddo around, who also is struggling to master the concept of "patience." Although oddly enough, he once in a while does surprise me by finding endless possibilities for entertaining himself. I guess this post is really about my (lack of) patience, though. On our recent trip, DH captured this photo, which expresses how I often lose my patience with Kiddo.
In my defense... He was standing in the high chair/on the bench at the table. As you may recall... that is one of my biggest pet peeves!


Love: Singing songs to Kiddo to help him "wait" when necessary - how is it that I am able to help him with patience, even when I have none? Someone even taught me a song once that relates to patience - - perhaps I'll sing that one to Kiddo next!
Hope: I can continue to be patient.
Do: Learn to be patient!