Saturday, March 12, 2011

Challenge - Day 26

A picture of something that means a lot to you.

They say a dog is a man's best friend - well, not this dog (because I'm not a man).



This, dear readers, is my dog Kobe. We fell in love in 2000, when a coworker found him as a stray. The first few months were rough - and not like "ruff, ruff!" He chewed our couches and our door frames. He "ate" his way out of two crates - at least. Yep, he was an onry booger. However, he was trained and got his CGC. He went on to do agility for 6+ years, and got several agility titles.

There's something about my relationship with my dog that I just can't explain. This boy isn't like any other dog I've ever had (or any dog I will ever have in the future, I am certain). He is special - to me - in so many ways. He loves taking me on walks, and encouraging me to exercise. He loves me so much, he has "caught" a bird or two over his life to bring to me. It's not just these moments that I know we were made for each other, though.

Every night, after dinner, he comes and gives me kisses - as if to say, "Thank you for feeding me. I don't take you for granted." Something about me and my dog just "click." It's as if we were made for each other, for this lifetime.

I must admit, however, he is getting a little older - and leaves the sofa a little less often. Although he can still be enticed to play or "perform" on demand, he's changed some in his old age.

My Kobe-Dog is more special to me than words could possibly ever be able to describe.

Love: My dogs, Kobe and Katie.
Hope: They stay healthy and happy for years to come!
Do: Enjoy your pets today! Take them on a walk!