Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Daddy Calls me Doodlebug...

My DH got a library card, and let me have the key-fob version. Kiddo's daycare is literally across the street from our local library - so after not going to the library, perhaps even since I was a child - - We have been checking books out for Kiddo so we can do the obligatory "bedtime" story.

A few of the books we check out we are ready to send back to the library. A few, though, stick with me. I had to purchase a copy of the Belly Button book I liked it so well! The other one I can't seem to get out of my head is called "Daddy calls me doodlebug."

There are two main reasons this book sticks with me. We call our little one "bug." And my daddy was a huge fan of nicknames.

The book itself is all about nicknames, and was a very cute read.

Anyhow - Nicknames was the first response to my ping-pong blog!

My daddy called me Bukus. I don't know where he got that from. My sister was Berries and my brother was Bubba, and my oldest Nephew is Pooh. My "bug" never got a nickname from his grandpa, but his Uncle calls him AJ.

I'm sure there were several other nicknames used for me - - but Bukus is the one that will always stick out the most.

Ping-Pong Blog Topic: What is the last book you remember checking out from the library?

Love: Nicknames!
Hope: My "bug" doesn't hate his nickname when he's older!
Do: Move on with morning routine!
Steps: 74 - but hey, it's way early!