Thursday, April 5, 2012

Moe's

When we first moved to North Carolina, I missed FREEBIRDS! They have a place here called firebirds - but it's nowhere near the same. It's more of a semi-fancy place.

So, I had to get "used" to a new make-your-own-burrito place. And alas, now I eat at Moe's about once a week. (Welcome to Moes!)

They don't have nearly the eclectic burrito makers, but they do have eclectic names for things on their menu. I (almost) always get an Art Vandalay Junior on whole wheat. (And some of you are thinking, what the heck is that?)

Art Vandalay = vegetarian burrito (with guacamole in place of meat) - and I get mine with:
whole wheat tortilla
rice
black beans
sour cream
guacamole
cheese
lettuce
tomato/salsa
extra cilantro
(sometimes) extra onions
corn salsa

One nice thing about Moe's (or not so nice, if you're trying to lose a couple pounds) is that all meals (burritos, quesadillas, tacos, kids meals, etc) come with free chips. They also have pretty good queso that I get on occasion.

They don't have the BBQ sauce that I like (at Freebirds), but they do have a salsa bar with 3-5 choices - and my favorite is the green stuff. I'm not sure what it contains (green tomatoes, cilantro, onion, and other stuff, probably) - but it's yummy.

Moe's is also where my hubby and I typically have our "date" lunch, once a week. Not that I really consider it a date, but it is sans kiddo and baby G. Well, it will be once we get back into a routine!