Monday, April 30, 2012

United Way

Today could have been any of the crazy things that I spend my paycheck on - that I don't think about.  That's because they are "automatically" deducted.

Instead of choosing the obvious taxes, though - or even perhaps the somewhat less obvious 401k - I am choosing United Way.

Since I grew up in Girl Scouts, I'm a firm believer in financially supporting United Way. Not only is it a way to give back to my community (wherever I happen to be living), it's also a way I can give back to my hometown.  Half of my (really, our) united way contributions go to the Kansas area.

I've been fortunate in my life, but I know of others (family included) who have not been so fortunate.  I'm proud to support United Way - and therefore, indirectly, help the community.

I'm not the type of person who - in good faith - could give money to a specific person (even though I often joke about having a "fund" set aside for that reason).

So... Hopefully, if you need it, you'll use a United Way service.  Or perhaps, if you don't, you'll volunteer and/or give to the United Way to help those in the community that do need it!