Sunday, April 8, 2012

Trader Joe's

The Grocery Store isn't what comes to mind when I think of the word "Shop".

But Trader Joe's is definitely my favorite store for many items!

They have great brands, and they sell wine. For me, it's splurge purchases but fairly reasonable prices. They operate on a "volume" scheme, which means only 2 trader joes service the entire Raleigh/Cary area! I do like their store.

Where else can you get a bottle of wine for $3 or less? And samples of real food?

Today's lunch was panko covered tilapia from trader joes, and I think I'm going to have an apple purse that I got from there. Maybe tomorrow, we'll have their blueberry scones!

Lots of my candy (chocolate and tofee covered almonds, for example) comes from there.

It's not the place I run when I need the "staples" - - I'm not sure they even sell regular flour or sugar, and if they do I'm not sure where to find it (and it might be more expensive and organic, or some such thing) - - but I do love the occasional "splurge" trip to TJ's. It's the first store I went to within the week after having both my kiddos!