Sunday, October 25, 2009

Big Day!

Another big day at the Williams household!

This time, we had our appointment for photographs with Phreckles Photography! Planning to get out of the house at a certain time (with a newborn - for the first time) is not something to be taken lightly! We had to get baby fed and clean, as well as take showers (which included the oh-so-rare putting on a teensy bit of makeup for me, and drying my hair- luckily mom is in town, I thought I owned a hair dryer but somehow couldn't find it the one time I wanted to use it!) I suppose as parents we have many more years of this to look forward to - - and hopefully it gets easier with time!

I digress..

It was one of those nights with less-than-needed sleep, which meant mom, dad, and baby all made it to the photographer's studio (after mom "memorized" the address wrong..duh.. luckily we found it and weren't too late). Photo session went fairly well - we hope! Mark's eyes were open for at least a fairly decent portion of the pictures. A "sample" of pictures will be available soon (and posted on the blog kept by the photographer at www.phrecklesphotography.com). We'll see what she came up with! For some of the photos, I coordinated "matching" outfits. Brown shirts and jeans (although we didn't put jeans on the newborn for photos - a onesie was good enough!) Hopefully, we don't have the next photos to be uploaded onto one of my favorite funny photography websites (www.awkwardfamilyphotos.com).

We grabbed lunch on our way home - - and took a much needed nap. Driving through State Fair traffic on the last day of the fair was the most "direct" route, but probably also the most traffic of anywhere in the entire city on Sunday morning!

This evening, friends are bringing over dinner which is very nice. Mark looks forward to visitors (but generally naps through them). Hmm... I suppose I should come clean and say it's me that probably looks forward to visitors the most!

At least one more animal (see last post) that I call Mark frequently: Monkey! I think it's the loooong arms and legs... and such cute feet! Perhaps I'll scan in the midwife certificate one day and post it (it includes little baby foot prints).

In other news... I'm already down 25 pounds in just over a week (yay!!!) and feeling a little stronger (although still healing and still a little tender) every day. Breastfeeding still stinks - but I'm holding out for 2 weeks to see if it becomes better/more natural. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

More excitement coming this week. Hopefully to entail shopping (need nursing bras!), circumcision, and a visit to the fire station to check the car seat. Stay tuned to find out more!