Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Name?

What's in a name? We didn't study/learn this before we picked out little Mark's name. We literally just picked it because we liked it! Only later, did I learn the following:

Mark
Latin: Warlike, of Mars ( the god of war); The biblical Mark, sometimes called John Mark, was a missionary companion to Peter and Paul and writer of one of the four Gospel accounts of the life of Jesus.

Jacob
Hebrew: Supplanter or seizing by the heel; Jacob appears in the biblical book of Genesis as the youngest son of Isaac and Rebecca and twin to Esau. Jacob''s sons were the founders of the twelve tribes of Israel, and he received the name Israel from God later in life. James is a common variant of this name.

So, I guess we've got a fighter! And my husband's name isn't Isaac. I'm actually a little surprised at how biblical the name is - I knew that Mark was one of the apostles, but I hadn't though of Jacob in the same way. Anyhow... No changing it now! And no regrets.

In other news, today's big adventure took my mom and I to Kinkos, Walmart, and Sams while daddy got baby duty. We were out a bit, and I may have overdone it a bit. Did you know that Walmart does not sell Nursing Bras? Grr... Still a big item on the "need" list. Another day or two, maybe!

You'd think I hadn't been to Sams in MONTHS based on all the stuff we bought! Of course, it was our first "big" diaper purchase. We aren't totally out yet, but we did make the diapers from the diaper cake I received at work functional! We've now got changing stations upstairs and down. And tonight, for the first time, the diaper managed to explode on me while feeding - but didn't get the babie's onesie! Crazy.

As borrowed from a friend's blog... Peas out!