Friday, October 30, 2009

Exploding Water Fountain

There are some things with a baby that I expect. One is the exploding water fountain. However, when it actually happened for the first time (after 2 weeks), it made me laugh. Out loud. I'm surprised I didn't wake the rest of the house.

What is an exploding water fountain? When you are changing a little boy's diaper - and the water fountain begins (peeing) and gets diapers on one side of the changing table, followed by an explosive poo that wipes out the changing table pad, the diaper genie, the blind, two diapers at once, and even the wall in the changing room.... That's what I call an exploding water fountain! It required a brief wash cloth bath, a change of clothes, and some additional clean-up work after baby was fed and back asleep. Now, I'm sure these "episodes" may get old after a while - - but I somehow managed to find great joy in the first episode. After all, it is my fault. I already posted that baby's many talents include pooping and peeing!

In other news, we managed dinner OUT last night with Grandma, as a thank you for helping! We went to one of our favorite local joints (Tyler's Tap Room - I got a beer!). It was a bit of a wait, but Mark slept through the entire event! It was also his first time in a noisy place - - and he didn't wake up once.