Saturday, October 24, 2009

Uncle Sam

Back to a blog that's a little bit all over the place... Staring with Uncle Sam.

Mark will have an Uncle Sam - - that is, an Uncle named Sam. I don't know if he'll call him Samh, or Sid (note: h on end of Samh is intentional) or just Uncle. But this one is unlike the "Uncle Sam" we dread paying around April 15th...

Did I mention this blog would be all over the place?

Today was Mark's first visit from a local friend. Mark's total "awake" time in a 24 hour period is only about 20 minutes or so (and at a different time every day), and she just missed the window! But it was nice to have company for a little while, anyway!

I was thinking about my brother because of the nicknames. So far, the nickname I like for Mark is "bug." I've called him several other animals recently, also - bunny, bear, cat - but the name "bug" is what I like best at this point. Who knows whether or not it will stick - but somehow, at least in my mind, it seems fitting. I could explain... but I think if I made the attempt, it would probably just get lost anyhow!

And now, on to another feeding!