Monday, October 26, 2009

It's done!

Today was another day full of adventure. Daddy went back to work part time, even though it was an evening of little sleep. And for mom, the little sleep continued part of the way into the morning!

After a quick lunch, we met dad at the doc's office for baby's circumcision. Poor Mark. He handled it like a trooper. While we were there, a 10-year old boy named Nelson asked the staff why there was a baby crying. They said they couldn't say because of confidentiality, so I chided in and said I could tell him that the baby was being circumcized since I'm his mother. He asked, "What's that?" - - which in retrospect, perhaps I should have anticipated. Luckily the boy (Nelson) was there with his mother who chimed in and said "It's something that is done to boy's private parts." Nelson was really cute- he said, "Well by the sound of the screaming he sounds really cute." I got to introduce them as we were walking out - although we didn't let him get too close (I think he was there for flu like symptoms).

Anyhow - - so it made me think about sex education for a child as they grow, as well. I was offerred the opportunity to watch - - but politely declined, saying that was a daddy job. Dad got to see the procedure, and we got care instructions. Although I'm not 100% certain, I do believe it was a Jewish priest who did the procedure. Considering almost every pediatrician does it, and this person was one of only a small handful of recommendations, I am overall pleased. Trust me - I don't like many doctors (although admittedly, it is much easier to accept when I am not the patient!) - - but I thought this was a decent experience. Luckily, dad was around too.

After that incident, we made our way to the fire station and had our car seats inspected and installed. It's a free procedure, and it helps with my peace of mind. Now, I can confidently cart my kiddo around in my car!

A busy day - but a few more may also be ahead. I still haven't made it to get those nursing bras! Tomorrow is another day.

Thanks for reading!