Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fire!

Driving to pick up kiddo from daycare, there was a car literally on fire in the opposite direction. I saw flames, and the fireman with the hose putting the fire out.

It was a crazy couple of minutes - but somehow, it was one of those situations where my mind just began to wonder.

My father passed away in a fire, and for some reason, I've thought a lot about him recently. Going through pictures yesterday, I found one and was showing him to Mark. It's sad that kiddo will never know his grandpa.

I think the crazy male daycare instructor must also somehow make me think of dad. His birthday is (would have been) in October. Many reasons... maybe he's looking upon us and trying to tell us something. I wish I knew.

Love: My daddy.
Hope: I remember and tell kiddo stories about my dad as he gets older. Maybe I'll tell him a story instead of reading a story for the next bedtime.
Do: Need to stop spending so much dang time on the computer!
Thanks: To good friends! Just for being my friend.