Thursday, November 4, 2010

Travel Ups and Downs

There are many ups and downs about travel! Today (and last night), I'm in Boca Raton, FL where I will get to visit NCCI for the first time!

Here are the good elements:
Just being in a new place
Seeing old friends and new faces
Stimulation
Doing new things


And the bad:
Being out of your routine
No pets.
Being herded like cattle through Airports, rental car counters, etc
Missing family
Hotels

This post seemed more interesting (to me, at least) when I began to write it. Now that it's written, not so much. Of course, one person did tell me once that they like it when I "talk to myself" in my posts, which is what I'm doing now, I suppose. So maybe at least this short paragraph will be entertaining? And if not, well, you didn't waste more than 3 or 4 minutes of your day reading!


Love: Traveling!
Hope: I learn something new at today's meeting!
Do: Get a little extra work done, since I've got an hour or so free!
Thanks*: Today, I'm going to thank the woman who will never read this blog, but sat next to me on a flight, for giving me her old magazines. She was very thoughtful, and now I have reading material for my way home! Although, I also should thank DH for graciously allowing me to travel on occasion!

*New for the month of november - and possibly longer - we'll see!