Monday, February 20, 2012

Socks - Day 20

These are definitely one of my pairs of socks with a "story" to tell.  This particular pair of socks were purchased at the Renaissance Festival, and are - by far- the longest pair of socks I own!  I've only been to a couple of Ren Faire events in my life - and they are fun! This pair is from the Raleigh festival, which evidently won't be here anymore.
I have several friends who are "regular"s at Ren Faire events- including some agility friends who have traveled and made homemade costumes to attend the event!  I think it's pretty cool when you see someone's passion and/or weird personality obsession shine through in the types of activities in which they participate.

Also, along these same lines... One year, for Christmas, we met DH's siblings and children to attend one of the "Medieval Times" events.  I can't seem to remember what "side" we were on - but I do recall enjoying myself!  It seems odd, in some ways, that we were the only ones without kiddos.  I guess that just means it was over 4 years ago, now!  One day, we'll take our kids.  Another digression?  One other place I'd like to go one day (maybe with extended family, maybe not) is Great Wolf Lodge.