Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Socks - Day 21

Running is... Cheaper than Therapy!  (I even have a purple shirt that says so!)










These socks - from REI, size Small - are my favorite for running!  They are just the right length (they are a little longer than most of my every-day socks, without being LONG socks), and they are fitted well.  I've worn these socks on plenty of runs - and sometimes, if it is cold enough, I will wear this particular pair of socks as the first "layer".

Marathons, half marathons, and 5Ks... all have been a part of my life since around 2006 when I was "convinced" by a friend to join a marathon training program.... after having never run before in my life!  Little did I know this would become what I now consider my "divorce recovery program" - and furthermore, something I would enjoy doing for many years to come!  I ran the Austin Marathon in 2007 (and then again with the "orange group" in 2008).  I'm sure that puts me in the small minority of people who have run 2 marathons (as opposed to 1 or 10+), but that's based on my "informal" knowledge.  I'm not sure I'll ever do a full marathon again (although, who knows!) - but I do enjoy running medium length distances (10 miles and half marathons), and I hope to do something along those lines again sometime this year!  My latest passion has been finding "events" that combine running with pure fun - such as the color run, the "will run for chocolate" or the muddy obstacle course races - such as the Gladiator or Tough Mudder.  I can't wait until Kiddo turns 4 so I can participate in the Muddy  Buddy (where you - and the kiddo - get to crawl through a mud pit!)

I guess my love of the mud must have started when I was in middle school (or so) and led a group of 2nd grade campers in a "mud patrol"one rainy week at day camp...