Saturday, February 25, 2012

socks - day 25

Ahh, yes - another pair of toe socks!  For some reason, this colorful pair of toe socks is another favorite.  I guess they remind me of college, also, where I knew a girl who had a pair of similarly colorful socks (without toes, if I recall correctly) that I remember clearly.

This particular friend - also on the crew team - once let me cut her hair.  That's when I discovered that cutting hair was definitely not my "calling" in life.  And yet, I still think it's my responsibility to cut Kiddo's hair... but (luckily for him) only once in a while.  I do "maintenance" shaving of the sides/trimming in between going to the "real" salon (one of those fancy places... Super Cuts!).  Now, I don't recommend Fantastic Sams.  Although it has my brother's name in the title (who is Sam of fantastic sams, anyway?) - the first time I took kiddo there, they managed to slice his ear.  Luckily, nothing but a scratch - but enough that I will never be back.  It is nice that there seem to be plenty of alternatives.

Now... who knew that a pair of socks could lead into a discussion on hair-cutting?