Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Socks - Day 28



Since I enjoy socks, and I enjoy giving, I naturally enjoy giving socks! In one of our closets, I have a "gift" bin, where I keep and store random gifts. It almost always has one (or more) pairs of socks in it! This year, for Christmas, most of the "girls" in the family got M&M socks. Nothing too fancy - just a cute pair of something that wasn't boring! I guess I'm a little like my grandmother, that way, storing up "stuff" to give away for the holidays. Recently, I purchased a whole bunch of Christmas Gifts for the kids/cousins in the family for this year (2012) - a little early, perhaps - but I hope they enjoy the gifts in 10 months or so as much as I enjoyed purchasing them just recently! Sorry to be so vague- but, as luck would have it, those "kids" (or more likely, their parents) are likely blog readers, so I can't reveal the surprise here!

Speaking of the gift bin... there are a few other "staple" items that seem to "always" make their way to the bin. Kitchen towels and assorted kitchen items, picture frames, and (perhaps somewhat ashamedly) items to be re-gifted. It seems that around the holidays, it's fairly easy to "clean out" - by which I mean someone may get something "extra" that they may not have really "wanted." Although I try to make sure the items that I add to the bin are "designated" for someone specific, it doesn't always happen that way! This past year, I added a few items to the "bin" that didn't get distributed... but those particular items are "personalized" key chains - so at some point, they will necessarily have to make it to the "designated" person!