Thursday, February 23, 2012

Socks - day 23

I must admit, it's a bit challenging to come up with a decent "blurb" about each pair of socks I've selected for the month.  However, it's been a fun challenge thus far - and if you know me - you know I'm always up for a good challenge!

So today, this pair of socks is just going to lead into a digression on... Candy Land.  Recently, we started "playing" Candy Land with Kiddo.  We've only played once or twice thus far, but it's fun to see how at even a young age, kids can learn game skills!  At this point, the only "skill" kiddo has learned much of is the "taking turns" concept, and I credit daycare for that (they do an activity every day - or nearly so - where they go around the table and each kid has to respond to a question).

It's also been fun taking that, and adapting it into a card game!  Now, what kind of card game can you play with a not-even-two-and-a-half-year-old?  Well, you take turns - and when it is your turn, you draw a card, turn it over, and say what the number and suit are.

Ya know, family time  is family time, no matter what you do.  I sure enjoy these priceless moments with my family!