Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Socks!

I've got an unofficial goal for this year to make 350 posts.  As a result, I'm going to attempt at posting something every day - or so.  You may have noticed in January, I started with a photo per day challenge.  I could have kept up with that, but just pictures get boring, sometimes.  And clearly, this wasn't a new year's resolution per se, since I didn't start until a few days into January!

I've decided that to keep up, I need a new "topic" for each month. This month? The topic is SOCKS!

I've gone through my sock drawer, and I've got a month's worth to share.  I know - for many people - socks may get boring.  However - socks are a big part of my life, and I picked out those socks that aren't just footwear, but also have stories to tell. For me, many pairs of socks have a very specific memory, and tell something about who I am. Whether it's the person who gave them to me, the time in my life when I received them, or something else entirely - socks aren't just footwear.

For starters... here's a glimpse of my sock drawer (and you may notice, a repost from January):


Unlike January, I'll be posting "words" to go along with the pictures. Hopefully, this will help to insert a little more "personality" and goofiness that the pictures - by themselves - didn't seem to bring across.  I guess there are some pictures that just aren't "worth 1000 words", as they say.  Or maybe I'm just not that good of a photographer!  Another bonus of adding in the words? the socks (hopefully) will come to life a bit, and allow me to share some of the "why" socks are important - and special - to me.  

I can respect that not everyone likes socks as much as I do.  In fact, I recently discovered that someone I know thinks of socks as more "dirty" than underwear- and likes feet better than socks (for shame!).  I've forgiven her, and we've made amends.  If you are "that" person.... I apologize in advance, and suggest you just wait and check back with my blog after February.

I also wondered if there were any "obvious" spots online for socks-per-day, and wound up - instead - finding a few different sock-of-the-month clubs!  Nothing per day, unfortunately.

So for February - happy Ogling my fabulous sock collection - and learning more about my life in socks! (and no worries - I may "interrupt" the "regular" sock routine to post once or twice about the baby expected any day now!)