Friday, February 24, 2012

socks - day 24





This pair of socks - even with the bleach spot - is good for one thing: Snow Boots!

This is my thickest pair of socks, and most recently, reminds me of sledding with the neighbors!  Kiddo wasn't but a month or two old, so he couldn't even participate.  We live on a cul-de-sac, and our house is smack in the middle.  Our driveway happens to be nicely sloped, and if you sled down our driveway, you run into the curb on the other side of the culdesac (as opposed to the street).  So - the winter we first lived here (and got some good snow), a good time was had by all, sledding down our driveway!

It seems that this winter has been somewhat the opposite - without so much as even a hint of snow!  Very mild, indeed, with most days giving us highs in the 50s and - possibly more often - the 60s!  Some nights, the temperature has only dropped into the high 40s!  I won't bother with speculations about "global warming" and "climate change" and all those nerdy terms.  (Mind you, I often have to pay attention to those when I am involved in Hurricane Modeling for making insurance rates!  But I digress - as I try to keep my "work life" pretty much out of my blog)

So.. I haven't had the opportune moment to wear these socks this winter, but I'm sure the next time it snows - as I am sure it will one day again - I will make sure these socks are handy!  And hey, if it never snows again here, there's always Colorado...  And I could make a lot of digressions about Colorado (going there as a girl scout, taking Kiddo there with the family at 5 months old, growing up in the neighboring state, sailing over the mountain bike handlebars on a ski slope one summer, or numerous trips to Rocky Mountain National Park)... but maybe I'll save those stories for another post, one day!