Friday, December 11, 2009

Computer and Travel

Believe it or not, I can survive without my computer for a day or two. I don't have to check EVERY posting on Facebook, or make sure I see an email within 3 minutes after it was sent. Nope, you see - - I am.... rather... we are headed out of town for Mark's first trip. And unfortunately, the computer was not invited. This of course also means that the "blog" will have to lie dormant for a day or two. So if you've been checking every day - - I apologize for the hiatus!

Where are we going? The Ultimate Sausage Factory - - that is, Washington DC. (There is a joke that one of the lawyer's I work with tells frequently that says something along the lines of the two things you should never watch being made are Laws and Sausage, hence legislature and such is called the "sausage factory")

So, we'll be visiting the Capitol and the Smithsonian. We won't have time for everything - - but the nice thing about living within driving distance (4-5 hours) is that we can go back! Some of the highlights we will have to hit at our next time around.

I'm very excited about this trip. Not only to get used to traveling with a baby before we head to family for the holidays, but also because it's been almost 5 months since I've traveled anywhere! I think since 2006, that is the longest stretch. Over the last several years, I've been traveling every other month - and sometimes more than once in a month! I'm a bit anxious to do some more travel - I love it!

One of the highlights of this trip will be staying at a Ritz Carlton. Because it's the low-travel season, we got a heck of a deal on a fantastic room - - at least, that's what I hope to be able to report upon our return! The Metro entrance is right outside the hotel doors.

So, it's off to pack and take the dogs to the kennel for me and Mark. Have a great weekend- - - and hopefully we'll have some good stories (and some good pictures) to post upon our return!

Today, I am thankful for the ability to travel!!!