Sunday, December 6, 2009

Love


Today is my first anniversary (and my 101st blog post). Seems only appropriate that the topic should be "love."

It's been a great first year - but definitely one filled with some ups and downs! My father died, and my dog had surgery earlier in the year. However, we took an international vacation/"honeymoon", bought a house, and now have a beautiful baby to top everything off! It seems like it's gone pretty fast - although I know while I was pregnant the world seemed to slow down (because pregnancy seems to last forever!)

I think "Love" is where every day, you get closer to someone. I feel this way with both the men in my life (or maybe I should say both the boys in my life) - my hubby and my son.

I love my hubby's sense of humor - - and the way he makes me smile when I'm down by saying the most random things. I love his work ethic. I love his eyes, and his dimple. I love that he is a math/science nerd like me. I love sitting with him on the couch, or snuggling with him before getting out of bed in the morning. I love that he makes me want to be a better person. And to top it all off, he doesn't look too bad in plain white t-shirt and jeans!

Today: I am thankful for a fabulous year with my DH, and hoping for many more to come!