Thursday, December 3, 2009

Growing Pains



Aside from being one of my favorite childhood t.v. shows, "growing pains" actually means something else. Who Knew? (Well, probably most other parents. Forgive me, I'm still learning, and I'm definitely new at this!)

Mark stopped sleeping more than 3 hours at a time and was really fussy over the last 3 days or so, and then, miraculously, began being his "normal" self again (and sleeping a lot more). I looked it up on the internet. "Cluster feeding" it said. "Feed your baby if he is hungry." Although this may sound obvious.. I was feeling annoyed and frustrated. Turns out, the kid is normal - just getting BIG!

I feel like his legs haven't grown (except to get more round) - and his torso is now much longer and out of proportion to his legs. Maybe in this or the next growth spurt, he'll look more like my "bug" again!