Friday, March 23, 2012

Baby's Build-A-Bear outing/adventure

Somehow, I have a philosophy that everyone in my family needs their own build-a-bear. Just one.

And these aren't bears you play with. These are the kind that you display. I guess it really is just my need to continue the bear collection of my childhood.

The rules are strict.
1) The bear has to be one of the cheap bears in the store.
2) You must get an "appropriate" outfit with it.
3) It's first name must be your middle name.
4) It has to share your birthday.

Baby G and I obtained Claire in a ritual that was surprisingly similar (perhaps identical, with the exception of a different restaurant with daddy?) to when Kiddo and I obtained Jacob.

Start with lunch with daddy. Add in some shopping. Be sure to stop by Nordstrom's "Women's Lounge" for a good nursing session. Walk the mall, with a stop at the Build-A-Bear store for a purchase. Return home exhausted.






So, our current family of bears includes:
Rachelle, Jacob, Cessna, Girl- and our newest addition, Claire. (Notably missing from this list? Andrew. I can't convince DH - yet - that he needs a bear to be a part of our "bear" family!)
It's amazing how you can get so worn out with such a tiny baby. More surprising, still, that you don't drop dead of exhaustion with two under three!

How is it I will be able to maintain any type of cleaning, laundry, and/or dishes schedule once I go back to work? Oy, vey. This momma evidently still has much to learn.