Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Diaper Bag

With the "stuff" we took to the birthing center, we had a diaper bag for Baby.

This diaper bag was packed FOREVER! By the time she said, "Hello!" - I had nearly forgotten what was in the bag! With Kiddo, he was dressed for Daddy - or at least that was the intent. For him, we brought UT socks and a UT hat. For Baby G, mommy picked a onesie and a sweater, along with cute ballerina socks! The shoes (size 2) didn't fit, and are being saved for a bit later. The hair band just didn't look quite right, so was put away after only one or two quick pictures.


I am sure there are tons of diaper bag stories I could tell - and that's after only two weeks or so!

The first that comes to mind is that it has a certain symbol of "Freedom" attached to it! Once you can actually pack and bring the diaper bag somewhere, it's like you're no longer home-bound, and you're further along on the road to recovering. So there's something about the diaper bag that holds a mystical quality, almost.


Sometimes, I'm convinced DH has me figured out. He likes less clutter, and "demanded" (in his loving but to-the-point way) that I "choose" between the two diaper bags. The black one, pictured above, and the polk-a-dot one. For some reason, making such a simple decision stressed me out! I told him I'd have to think about it. In the end, I decided on the polk-a-dot bag (which was $5 bucks at a tourist shop in San Francisco) because it's slightly more versatile. He asked me later, "is there a purpose for both?"- and to me, there is, but only minor - and not worth sticking my neck out for when I know it is something that is bothering him! So - the polkadot diaper bag is packed and ready at will - for both kids!

What can you find in our typical diaper bag?

A change of clothes - for Baby G and for Kiddo. Several diapers, a nursing cover, some wipes, a pull-up, a change of clothes for both kids... and at this point, that's about all that is needed. At least with nursing - if mommy is around, bottles aren't included! I've also got a soft sling- but I'm not sure if the sling and I like each other yet.