Thursday, March 22, 2012

Quiet...

"Quiet" time is a big part of my life. With two kids, I wasn't totally sure it would still exist (or at least for a while!)

I have found that it is still possible!

It's truly encouraging that I don't actually have to "escape" the house for "me" time. Once in a while, I do get a chance to read a book. And sometimes.. especially in the evening hours... Kiddo is in bed, DH is reading, and Baby G hasn't woken for her last feeding. That leaves me enjoying a few moments of Peace.

So what do I do with those few moments?

A late night snack, a blog entry, or sitting in a quiet room... I'm overwhelmed and grateful.

What is peaceful to me? A solo walk, perhaps, or a yoga class... neither of which I've actually done... or a little less solitude with a book club meeting, a pedicure, or a tea tasting... These wouldn't fit the lyrics to the song, "These are a few of my favorite things.." (because they don't exactly rhyme..) - But they are probably in the lyrics in my head or my life...

At least 20 minutes a day, when things are quiet, I can feel at peace. Even with both kiddos. And that helps make life awesome.