Saturday, November 14, 2009

Airports and shoelaces

As we dropped off our last visitor at the airport today, it occurred to me that this was our 6th visit to the airport without going anywhere! And, hopefully, our last. Next time we're headed to the airport it will be for more chaos than usual - it will be Christmas Eve.

And I'm ready! It's been about 6 months since I've been on a trip, and I enjoy travelling. Hopefully, our little fella will also enjoy travelling (and be well behaved)! Lately, anytime there has been something interesting going on (a visitor, dinner at a restaurant, etc) he's been very, very good. Some of the less-exciting evenings at home seem to be when he gets a bit fussy. We haven't quite yet introduced a pacifier, but I don't think it will be much longer before we "break" down and begin using one. Someone also suggested that the daycare may specifically request that we bring them. Until then, there are at least 3 more weeks of being home (one of which includes thanksgiving).

Today I am thankful for...

shoelaces

I'm not sure why, since I rarely wear sneakers. They work for more than just shoes, though -- for example, when trying to label a suitcase in a distinctive way!