Sunday, November 29, 2009

My "affair"...

So, I should admit.. Ever since I've known Seth, I haven't been able to stop my love-affair... with FOOD.

You see, I like to eat. All the time. Especially sweets. Even now, when I should be losing weight post-partum... I can't seem to stop eating! Although I try to have salads, and vegetables.. Somehow the ice cream and candy and sugar sweeps in and I have a very hard time controlling it!

Ugh. One of these days, maybe I'll get to a weight that I can manage and be comfortable at. Currently, I'm still up (from pre-pregnancy) by about 10 pounds and I can't manage to take that off. I'm up about 30 pounds from a "healthy" weight. For me, weight has always been mostly about food - although exercise typically does help some. I also lost my "pear" shape - - and weight has redistributed. This is definitely good - - it means that even though I weigh more, I can still wear some of the pre-pregnancy clothes. They just fit differently. And not all of them fit, but at least enough that I don't have to buy a new wardrobe of larger (but non-maternity) clothes.

Why isn't there the same satisfaction in... for example... drinking water? or something else, equally boring but calorie-free?

Ahh well - - even on a day like today, it's good that there is much to be thankful for. Today, I'm thankful for food. :)