Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mini-Escape



How many times did I think about making a hair appointment? I actually had one scheduled a week or two before baby came, and cancelled it (so I could stay at home while Daddy worked on the crib - - I had Overscheduled myself a bit that weekend, as I recall).

Anyhow.. Finally - - a new do! And a bit shorter, a bit more sassy. Still long enough to be pulled...err.. to be put up. But at least a tad different, and definitely shorter.

It's nice once in a while to leave baby with daddy to do something for me! I realize this will be harder once dear hubby goes back to work full time (next week). Luckily, I have family in town to get us to week 4. By then, it's only a few more short weeks before I return to work in some capacity.... I imagine by then, I'll be ready.

I was thinking that as a new mom, perhaps I should do a mini-review of some cool baby products I've either received as gifts, or registered for. So I'll start that today, and we'll see how far I go with it.

Product of the day: Aden and Anais Muslin receiving blankets, received from the Woodfords in Minnesota and purchased from Target. These are AWESOME blankets. They actually have enough material to wrap with! They also look good in pictures, and are relatively generic. I may be purchasing more. The receiving blankets I originally registered for just didn't work (they were too small, or the baby was too big). There are a handful of other blankets I've received (like the one hand-crafted from a friend) but I think my favorite are this variety. So, thanks to my friends in Minnesota!