Sunday, November 15, 2009

My babies - 2 legs and 4


We took a very long time to introduce the dogs to the baby. Partly, this was because one of our dogs is pretty picky about people. In fact, with most visitors, we intentionally keep the dog separate (and play the game of kennel, bonus room, bedroom, outside, porch, etc). After a few weeks of this, we're finally done with visitors for a while and so we can be more of a "family".

Both dogs have taken to the baby fairly well. He's been given a countless number of puppy kisses! He doesn't quite know what to think yet, but it seems that - at least for now- everyone is getting along fairly well!

In fact, today our "pack" took a walk - - Me, DH, Mark, Kobe, and Katie. We went over a mile and through a big intersection! Hopefully our next pack adventure will be to the park (which is perhaps another mile) and possibly on Thanksgiving. All in all, it was a great experience. We even got a little sweaty, since the weather today was soo nice! A bit of sun and in the 70s.

I couldn't resist jogging a little.. less than 50 feet.. and it reminded me that yes, I am still healing. And I have a lot bigger chest than the last time I ran.

And after a trip to target, we discovered that our stroller does fold - - and now my hubby and I can both make it work! Whew. At least for now, we'll be able to get away with just the one stroller. I won't be surprised, however, if we're buying a new stroller before Christmas for flying...

Today, I am thankful for fresh air and time spent outside!